Are you an ambitious MSc or PhD student looking for a challenge at the forefront
of genomics, computational biology and RNA therapeutics?
The Laboratory for Genomics of Long Noncoding RNAs and Disease (GOLD Lab) is
hiring! Based in the Conway Institute at University College Dublin (Ireland), we are an
interdisciplinary team of passionate researchers dedicated to understanding the roles
of long non-coding RNAs in healthy and diseased cells. We love to create new tools
based on CRISPR-Cas genome editing and bioinformatics, and we participate in
various international collaborations and consortia. We strive to foster a supportive,
collaborative and successful lab community. For more information, see below.
We presently have opportunities at both PhD and Postdoc level, for experimental and
computational projects. Candidates should have either a quantitative (computer
science, bioinformatics, statistics) or experimental biology background (molecular
biology, cancer biology).
To apply, send your CV and a brief motivation message to
Rory Johnson (rory.johnson [at] ucd.ie) with subject line “GOLD.recruitment”.
Selected publications (links):
• TransCistor reveals the landscape of cis-regulatory long noncoding RNAs. Chouvardas et al. bioRxiv 2022
• Tumour mutations in long noncoding RNAs that enhance cell fitness. Esposito, Lanzós et al. bioRxiv 2022
• Multi-hallmark long noncoding RNA maps reveal non-small cell lung cancer vulnerabilities. Esposito, Polidori et al. Cell Genomics 2 (9) 100171 (2022)
• Analyses of non-coding somatic drivers in 2,658 cancer whole genomes. Rheinbay and
PCAWG Consortium. Nature. 2020 Feb;578(7793):102-111.
• Hacking the Cancer Genome: Profiling Therapeutically Actionable Long Non-coding RNAs Using CRISPR-Cas9 Screening. Esposito R, et al. Cancer Cell. 2019 Apr 15;35(4):545-557
• Ancient exapted transposable elements promote nuclear enrichment of human long
noncoding RNAs. Carlevaro-Fita J, Polidori T, Das M et al. Genome Research 2019 Feb;29(2):208-222.
• High-throughput annotation of full-length long noncoding RNAs with capture long-read
sequencing. Lagarde J, Uszczynska-Ratajczak B et al. Nature Genetics 2017
(Full publication list here: https://tinyurl.com/goldlabpubs)